Robert Tweedy is a son of John Tweedy and Mary Craft of Union County, Illinois, i.e. one of our southern Illinois Tweedys. Names below linked to website with more data. Robert is a much used forename among the Tweedys, so we of course have many Robert Tweedys. This particular one was an early settler in the Ozarks, but that not being adventure enough for him, he travelled the Sante Fe Trail and settled in southern California, one of the first Anglo-Celtic families to do so. Well done.
Children of Robert Tweedy, Sr. and Mary Elizabeth Holyfield are:
- John Tweedy, b. Abt. 1840, Conway Co., ARK, d. July 24, 1893.
- James M Tweedy, b. Abt. 1842, Conway Co., ARK, d. Abt. 1932.
- Jackson Tweedy, b. Abt. 1844, d. date unknown.
- George Washington Tweedy, b. January 13, 1844, Conway Co., ARK, d. May 26, 1908, Elsinor, Riverside Co., CA.
- Lorenzo Dow Tweedy, b. October 02, 1850, Conway Co., ARK, d. date unknown.
- Thomas Alexander Tweedy, b. Abt. 1856, El Monte, LA, CA, d. date unknown.
- William Tweedy, b. November 21, 1857, d. July 02, 1889.
- +Robert Tweedy, Jr., b. July 03, 1858, El Monte, LA, CA, d. August 20, 1943, Van Nuys, LA, CA.
- Mary E Tweedy, b. Abt. March 1866, d. February 01, 1935, Hollywood, LA Co., Los Angeles, CA.