Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Southern Illinois Tweedy Photos

A note to one and all.... I have hundreds of photos from southern Illinois Tweedys taken mid 1800s into the 1920s.  I will post more as I can.  Anyone that has more information about any of the families that appear in the photos, do please contact me so that we might bring all up to date and possibly help other Tweedys out there seeking their family lore and history. I have several candid photos, people sight seeing, with farm animals, walking, enjoying the snow, etc., will get to those when I can.

Barry R McCain (my grandmother Sarah Pearl Tweedy)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for all of the uploaded pictures! They are really great. Do you happen to have any of James M. and Charlotte (Bizzell) Tweedy, or Isaac and Emma (Penrod) Tweedy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will take a view days, but I will check for you. Do you know the time period? Most the photos I have are 1870 through 1925.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isaac died around 1890 and Emma died in 1907. I would really love to see one of James M. and Charlotte Tweedy. I would imagine there has to be a picture of them, they both died in 1904.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic photos -- thanks for sharing them! My branch of the family is from Southern Illinois, descended from James Monroe Tweedy of Cobden, father of James Robert Tweedy, also of Cobden, born in 1869. But any Southern Illinois photos that you post are greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete